Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Merry-go-round (February 2008)

My father was a merry-go-round driver
he took the same track everyday
now I’m out to derail 1000 lives
to make up for his lack of mistakes

If you’re looking for an anchor,
don’t cast your nets here,
if you’re asking for gravity,
search the sun,
cause I’m the kind of guy who won’t be around
when breakfast comes

I’m gonna get you high,
I’m gonna get you low,
take your body and leave your soul

now I’m out alone on the desert,
but pretty soon I’m gonna be in your town,
for a demolition derby
we’re wrecking hearts on the floor

I hope you ain’t wearing a seat belt,
papa sure better taught you to drive,
we gonna chicken baby on dead man’s curve,
and I’m bettin’ on a crash

here I come baby,
you got what it takes to take me on?
green eyes of fire and ice starin’ back,
I hope you brought your boxing gloves,

I’m gonna get you high,
I’m gonna get you low,
take your body and leave your soul

No comments: