Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rosa Parks (OutKast remake) (February 2008)

I’ll be walking again tomorrow just like now,
raising myself foot by foot always proud,
to carry past the line in the sand,
been doin’ it since I was a child anyhow,
well, that’s where they get you thinking you different but,
in the back of my mind I’m always asking like “what,
you see in me that ain’t also in your blood?”
now I’ve had about enough of that lyin’ so here’s what

while you fellas up high is wonderin’,
which jet to take some of us others is runnin’
just to catch the number #5 on time,
cross town just to get in line,
cause while a minute means a dime to you,
that cents got us sweatin’ cause what we do
ain’t got time for mistakes, you suits can’t wait,
so we bustin’ or our ass is grass and you’er hungry,
and still some other can’t get they’s belly half-full,
and how you gonna trade your brothers in the south,
given them lies like its medicine, Tuskegee nothing but experimentin’
oh wait you poisoned that too, weren’t they sayin’
that Alabama is the place where the heart’s worn,
torn by dialects of hate and callousness, this,
color ain’t worthy of nothing better, your skin
and coat will make a nice rug underfoot,
I’ve had a well to cry about it, but today I’m sittin’ on it and ain’t movin’ for ya’ll

over 40 years now it’s been, and still my people are runnin’
indoors for cover with nothing but a paper,
Civil Rights you callin’ it but we wise enough to see the lines still dotted, ain’t signed,
and when you gonna get off your behind and make it more,
we got the feet to walk so why we waiting at the bus stop?

No comments: