Friday, May 9, 2008

Lead the Ways (Summer 2006)

I've been up, I've been down,
been tossed all around this town,
baby, you don't even know,
just how deep this well can go,
if you gamble a taste,
you might find your time a waste,
'cause this here water's made to burn,

but if that's alright, come on then
if that's alright, come on then

when you’re tired you can rest,
but you’d better give me your best,
cause I was born to live or die,
I don’t live on middle ground,
I only build where I feel the sound,
and I wouldn’t be where I am today,
if I’d settled along the way,

but if that's alright, come on then
if that's alright, come on then

I know your fight,
and I see your light,
we’ve both gotta a lotta faults,
and solo we’re sure to fall,
if you’ll meet me,
I’ll see your ante,
cause no one’s strong enough alone,
and there’s still a lot I’ve got to learn

but if that's alright, come one then
I said if that's alright, come on then

(optional duet featuring second verse and bridge)
when you’re tired you can rest
(I know your fight)
but you’d better give me your best
(and I see your light)
cause I was born to live or die
(we've both gotta a lotta faults)
(and solo we're sure to fall)
I don't live on middle ground
(if you'll meet me)
I only build where I feel the sound
(I'll see your ante)
and I wouldn't be where I am today
('cause no one's strong enough alone)
(and there's still a lotta I gotta learn)

but if that's alright, come one then
I said if that's alright, come on then

No comments: