Friday, May 9, 2008

Believer (April/May 2007)

I beat you in the head
like you were myself
when I am really mad
except unlike my mind
your bruises are visible
and everyone could see
and now they won’t let me see you no more
but I know you still love me
because I was only hitting me through you, you know,
and I’m gonna pay for that my own way.

I’m not the type to believe
but if I did, I believe I wouldn’t do
to me what I did to you,
it just isn’t right
but if I were a prayer
I’d be the scared, angry kind
that curses a lot
at the wind and the rain
and all the heathens it doesn’t like
I’d jump on a plane
slap the pilot in the face,
and drive us at a water tower

now I know you still love me,
not really sure why
maybe it’s cause I was only hitting me through you,
you know,
and I’m gonna pay for it my own way.

50 in fines to the local magistrate

No comments: